The NCJLA staff is currently working with other youth sports leaders as part of the the CA Youth Sports Alliance. To read more about the CA Youth Sports Alliance goals please visit our homepage.
Copies of the letters sent to Governor Gavin Newsom:
October 16, 2020 (HERE)
December 11, 2020 (HERE)
If an NCJLA member club is offering lacrosse activities at this time we highly recommend they consult
with their local public health officials prior to the activity.
All materials below are based off of the CDC and State of California Dept. of Public Health guidance.
The NCJLA does NOT advise teams or players to travel out of state due to the risk. We encourage everyone to be responsible citizens and contribute to stopping the spread so we can return to play in Feb/March.
NCJLA Club Delegates received the 2021 season requirements for preventing the spread of COVID19 at the Sept 26, 2020 Delegates Meeting. A Safety manager training video and slidedeck have been posted below for club leaders to use to train their volunteers, parents and coaching staff.
The documents provided below are a courtesy to our member clubs to help facilitate lacrosse activities in Northern California. Organizations that are not NCJLA member clubs, such as travel teams or tournament operators may request permission to use the documents below by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
The NCJLA Return to Play Planning Committee has completed and the NCJLA Board of Directors has approved the Infectious Disease Modification Plan for Games and Events for use by the NCJLA Clubs.
A few items to note:
Information related to the prevention and mitigation of infectious diseases such as COVID-19 are ongoing. Clubs who wish to use these plans and resources should check the version history. Updates will be made as information is provided by the State of CA and CDC.gov.
The NCJLA choose to call this the Infectious Disease Modification Plan so that in the unfortunate event that another virus such as COVID-19 causes a pandemic the NCJLA will have plans in place to activate.
Clubs may use this plan and related documents to secure fields for off season activities and for spring 2021 games. Many of the protocols, rule sheets, reporting forms, etc. referenced in the document are NOT ACTIVE. These are pending publication or activation after the NCJLA season start date has been dtermined. (updated 12/13/2020)
The Infectious Disease Modification Plan is written for club administrators. The NCJLA highly recommends that clubs review this document internally and provide parents with copies of the checklists.
The Responsibilities for Each Participant Checklists are written for parents, spectators, officials, players, club safety managers, and volunteers, The NCJLA STRONGLY recommends that club administrators use these checklists to introduce participants to what will be expected of them if they participate in lacrosse activities.
The NCJLA can only enforce compliance with roster requirements for teams registered in the league, and protocols at NCJLA events. It is up to the club to meet the State of CA public health orders for their county or the venue. There have already been reports of permits being canceled because organizations are not screening or taking prevention measures for COVID-19. The NCJLA has no control over wether or not a venue cancels a permit because a club did not meet the standards. We encourage club leaders to reach out to the NCJLA if they are unsure about how they will meet these new requirements for health and safety.
We encourage club leaders with ideas and resources that will make compliance with public safety requirements more manageable for NCJLA volunteers to submit them via email to email@example.com.
Currently Published Resources from Outside the NCJLA
NCJLA Resources for Member Clubs
- Infectious Disease Modification Plan for Games and Events-version 7.22.2020- (club administrators)
- Responsibilities for Each Type of Participant Checklists (parents, volunteers, coaches, officials, players, safety managers)
- Communication Plan Diagrams
- Communication Template- Notification to Parents and Players (Infectious Disease Club support folder)
- Communication Template- Club Wide Notification (Infectious Disease Club support folder)
- Sample Attendance and Screening Sheet for Host Club on Game Day
- Safety Manager Supply Kit List
- Safety Manager Training PDF
- 11.8.2020 NCJLA Safety Manager Training Video
- Sample NCJLA, US Lacrosse and Club Liability Waiver (Customizable with club name, in Infectious Disease Club Support Folder)
- NCJLA Safety Manager Training Video
- NCJLA Safety Manager Training Presentation Slide Deck
- 2021 Rules Sheets, Scheduling Appendix, Game Protocols, and Field Diagrams
- 2021 Small Sided Games Rule Sheets
- NCJLA Infectious Disease Incident reporting form (inactive till Jan 2021)
For questions related to information on this page please email firstname.lastname@example.org.